our gap year

Sunday, April 01, 2007

Melbourne

Heya!
I flew into Alice Springs today and its soooo hot! my hostel has a swimming pool to cool off in so its not too bad at the moment but im going on a 3day tour out to Ayers Rock tomorrow so could do with it cooling down a bit.

Sydney was great. I met up with Laura Dye who i made friends with in New Zealand and we went to Bondi beach (the waves there are HUGE) and the Syndey Opera House together to see a Czeck Opera which was kinda based on the little mermaid. It was really good but i think i prefer musicals.
I also went on a day trip on my own to the blue mountains which were stunning. Everyone on the tour was really friendly though and we all chatted to each other on the walk. I even got asked out by a swedish guy but said no obviously.
The walk across the harbour bridge was nice and the view from the skytower was fairly good but it was better in Auckland i think although i am slightly biased by the fact that i jumped off of that one!

Melbourne was beautiful and i stayed with Alison and Tony who are lovely. Alison took me to pengiun Island on the saturday where we sat on the sand and watched them waddle up the beach to their nests. They were so cute!
On the sunday, the three of us went to a beach on the peninsular. We drove up to the top of the hill before settling on the sand and the view from up there was gorgeous.
I have also discovered that i like Thai as long as its no too hot, Squid and prawns.
It was great to get a double bed and a room to myself and they even gave me a dressing gown and slippers - luxury!

Spoken to both Laura and Emily on the phone and they sound like they are having a great time. Emily is in Byron Bay and Laura is going to Neighbours night tonight.

Lots of Love
Emma x x x x

PS Happy Birthday again Danny x

3 Comments:

Blogger karin & kev said...

dear emma
lovely to hear from you again. I do like catching up on your news cause I do miss you It still sounds like you are having a stunning time - I think I would have liked penguin beach. I would really like to go and visit Alison and Tony - better start saving my pennies
Love you very much
mum xxxx

8:44 AM  
Blogger Aunty Caff said...

Hi Em,
I'm getting confused now. Have you become the lone traveller? What's going on? How come you've all split up?
I too hope the weather cools off for your trip to Ayers Rock, given that its in the middle of the outback and no sea breeze to cool you down!!!! Good luck for that one girlie.
I'm glad you're enjoying Oz tho, sounds great. You have to stay there a bit longer and see as much as poss please and write about it so that I can imagine I'm there too.
Sorry its short but at work borrowing somebody's computer so better get off. Keep writing!
Take it easy and have fun,
Lots and lots and lotsa Love,
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

5:49 AM  
Blogger laura, em n em said...

Yeh we split up for Aus but im meeting up with Laura again on saturday and were travelling down to Brisbane together which should be good x x x

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home